Standard share transfers
Follow these steps to transfer your share(s):
- Print the desired form of registration on the transfer panel on the reverse side of the certificate(s).
- Sign the transfer panel on the reverse side of the certificate with the exact name as written upon the face of the certificate.
- Have your signature guaranteed by an authorized officer of a chartered bank, trust company or broker who is authorized to guarantee signatures.
Once the above steps are complete, forward the certificate by registered or insured mail to Imperial's transfer agent, TSX Trust Company.
For contact information, visit the TSX Trust Company.
Estate share transfers
The following documents will be required to transfer share certificates to the name of an estate or beneficiaries:
- Notarial Will or Probate with Certified Copy of Will.
- Other than Quebec:
- Original or Court Certified Copy of Letters Probate or Letters of Administration. If a Notarial or Office Copy is also furnished, the original or Court Certified Copy will be returned.
- Declaration of Transmission completed by the Executor(s) or Administrator(s) sworn before a Commissioner for Oaths or a Notary Public who must then affix their seal.
- Certified copy of the Death Certificate.
- A completed Power of Attorney form endorsed by all the Executor(s) or Administrator(s). The signature(s) on the Power of Attorney should be completed in the presence of an authorized officer of a chartered bank, trust company or broker who is authorized to guarantee signatures. (This means that the signature specimen of the guarantor is filed under a resolution and held on file at the offices of all agents and similar institutions.)
- The full name and address of the beneficiary(ies) with their corresponding Social Insurance or Tax Identification Number.
For assistance in obtaining these documents, visit the TSX Trust Company or call their Answerline at +1 800 387 0825.