Working hard to reduce our impact on air quality.
We know clean air is important to our neighbours, it’s important to us too. Our commitment to cleaner air in the communities where we operate is fulfilled by our people – employees and contractors who live and raise their families near our operations. They work incredibly hard every day to run safe and efficient operations as responsible neighbours to their family and friends.
We manage our impact on the air by investing in technologies to control/reduce our emissions, improving the reliability of our operations, enhancing our ability to detect and repair small leaks of fugitive emissions and manufacturing products that are cleaner-burning.
Imperial addresses air emissions at our facilities by:
- reducing energy use
- adding cost-effective emission controls
- improving our ability to detect and repair fugitive emissions sources
- applying best practices and procedures to reduce emissions
- investing in fuel reformulation to produce cleaner fuels
* Improvements, such as fuel economy, are based on Synergy-branded gasoline, where and when available, compared to gasoline meeting minimum Canadian government detergency standards. Actual benefits will vary depending on the factors such as vehicle type, driving style and gasoline previously used. Concentration and availability of the seven key ingredients may vary based upon factors beyond our control, including supply disruptions.