Our business offers clients the high quality asphalt products you expect from Esso, along with the backing of our product experts to ensure your needs are met quickly and efficiently.
- With a strong focus on product integrity, asphalt is produced at Imperial’s Strathcona and Nanticoke refineries.
- Our research group conducts a wide variety of tests (i.e. AAHSTO, ASTM as well as specialized tests) applicable to asphalt performance grading.
- Technical capability includes low cost asphalt production through extensive crude assessments and working with our customer base on their modifications of our asphalt products.
- We market a range of asphalt products to commercial customers in Canada as well as exports to the U.S.A., primarily for use as binder in road paving or as a roofing agent.
- Customer segments include wholesalers, traders, and resellers, along with end users, such as paving contractors and roofing companies.
Base Stocks & Specialties
Imperial is part of the ExxonMobil base stock network, one of the largest base stock suppliers in the world, and is able to supply quality Group I base stocks from our Strathcona refinery. Base stocks are used in the manufacture of finished lubricants and in other unique process oil applications. Our reliable supply of consistent quality base stocks is supported by our commitment to product integrity and our dedicated technical experts.
Specialty products such as white oils and waxes have been part of our product line for many years and our research team continues to provide an excellent product, with our extensive supply network enabling us to deliver our products with uniform quality and purity, providing complete peace of mind to our customers.
For more information on Base Stocks, Specialties and Asphalt please