Every year over 250 university students and new graduates discover what's possible for their career at Imperial Oil. We place a great deal of importance on providing the top graduates and students with desirable challenges, resources and rewards, as well as the opportunity to work with highly dedicated and knowledgeable people. Our onboarding, training, mentoring, challenging work, and job rotations ensure a rewarding career from the very start. Learn more >
We offer many exciting opportunities across a wide range of business units and career paths. See where your education and experience position you for success at Imperial Oil:
view larger image
Applying for student opportunities:
Co-op/internship opportunities are available for students currently enrolled in a university program.
- Student term positions are posted on this website in:
- September for work terms starting in January
- September and January for work terms starting in May
- May for work terms starting in September
- Student term positions are at least four months but may be longer.
- Interviews are conducted in October, February, and June.
Applying for graduate opportunities:
Career opportunities are available for graduating university students and recent graduates with less than three years of relevant work experience since graduation.
- Graduate positions are posted on our website in early September.
- Some graduate positions may be posted in January and throughout the year.
- The application deadline for graduate positions posted in September is in early October however, please see the individual job postings for exact deadlines.
- First interviews are conducted on campus three to four weeks after the application deadline.
- Second interviews are conducted in November and December at our offices.
The company also has opportunities available for students and graduates from technical college programs. For more information, please refer to the Technical college students and recent graduates section of our website.